Death had been a mystery until when I lost my sister and my father, then I knew it was real. Over the years, all I have been embracing is the memories we shared. I get comforted by all the things they did and said while on earth. Recently I attended a funeral, so many things crossed my mind, things like one day I will die too, who will be there for my funeral? Where will I be hurried? How will life be like after death? what are you living for that is worth dying for? What adds value to your life? What identifies the person in you? If you are gone today, what will people remember you for?
This life is borrowed and we do not have assurance of tomorrow, we are not guaranteed the next minute, we live by hope and faith. It is worth it to life life to the fullest and live each moment like it's your last cause we do not know a minute or an hour when we will kick the bucket.
There is a quote that says, "Give people flowers while they can still smell them". I like this quote as it always remind me to good things to people, praise them, thank them and remind them that they are just amazing creations. At times we get so carried away with life matters that we forget the value of other people in our life and we do not even let them know how much we appreciate them until death comes along. Let us not wait till someone has kicked the bucket to say all the good things about them. Give people flowers when they can still smell them.
The following are ten things that I think are necessary for someone to live with;
1. Make peace with others. Make peace with yourself. It is a total joy to the heart when you are at peace. Forgive others for all the wrongs that they have done to you, forgive yourself for all the decisions you made that you are not proud of and ask for forgiveness where you know you have done something wrong. Be at peace.
2. Do not allow negative energy in your life. Let positivity overwhelm you even during rough times, stay positive. Surround yourself with people who want the best out of you and brings positive energy in you. Do not allow people or situations to drain you. Think positive and live a positive life. Do not waste your energy in things that you cannot change. Realize your worth, embrace the uniqueness in people, stay healthy,
3. Treat people as if today is their last day, or your last day on earth
4. Don't hold grudges, live a stress free life
5. Be a builder not a destroyer. Be kind, humble, encourager, help those in need and let your light come from within. Be a source of hope, strength, peace and unity. Be a friend not a stranger.
5. Love God, love yourself, love others.
6. Say "I love you" to all people you love. What do you lose from letting someone know that you love them? Speak love, act love, breath love and be love. Spread the love that has been given to you for free.
7. Make a bucket list and work on making each item on the list happen. Take a minute and ask yourself a question, "If you were on death bed at the moment, what would you wish you had done and never did? What would you do different?" What are you waiting for. What is keeping you from doing that thing now when you can really do it and save yourself from regrets and lost time.
8. Have fun, enjoy life. Make time for your loved ones and make time for yourself. Don't get caught in four walls, be it at work or in your room, enjoy life.
9.live your life. Do not live someone else's life and do not live to please other people, live your life and live it to the fullest. Do not put your life on pause while time does not stand still.
10. Live a purpose driven life.
We have all been given a certain time to live and enjoy the earth, it is up to you and I to decide what to do with the time given to us. Be wise, there is no better time than now.
Remember to keep in touch with yourself.
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Saturday, March 29, 2014
Thursday, March 27, 2014
This poetical will focus on Physical, Emotional, and Sexual violence against women, showing the effects of violence in women of all wakes of life in general. The main intention is to spread the message of hope, and healing, and to inspire women and men to do something in their own situation and in their community. We also highlight the role men play in the fight, because it is everyone’s fight. It will involve poetry, music and dance.
Make an Impact: Be a part of worldwide movement that fights violence against women.Be part of the event. Come one, come all and together let us bring the change that we need.
Sunday, February 23, 2014
1. People are in your life for a reason. It could be for a single season or for all seasons, a lifetime. Some people will always be part of your life even when you really want them gone. One day you will understand why God has placed them in your life for a lifetime.
2. Do not be afraid to ask for help.
3. We all need someone in our lives.
4. True love is being there for one another at all times.
5. Forgive. Forgive. Forgive. No one is perfect and it is in our imperfections that we find the perfection in us. When we forgive and let goof the past, we allow ourselves to grow and embrace the gifts of love and friendship.
6. Friends know their friends
7. Things that matter the most in life, God, Family and anything that you have put your heart into, that you are passionate about and you would die for.
8. Treat other people as if today is your/their last day on earth.
9. Make decisions as if today is your last day of your life.
10. Never judge someone's life by their past mistakes. We live, we learn, we grow, we mature.
11. Accept a person for who they are not for what you want them to be. Accept their past mistakes, embrace their character and do not judge them.
12. Even when you fall down, someone will always be there to pick you up.
13. Yes, sometimes you will feel embarrassed by what you have done but talk it out and let others know how you feel.
14. Accept failure and move on to green pastures.
15. Persevere. Never give up.
16. Do not compare yourself with others, everyone has their own story, very different from yours. Stop focusing on others story that you forget about your own.
17. Do not hold grudges, make peace with one another.
18. Never take people for granted. Make time to be with them (distance should never be an excuse), make time to be with them despite your busy schedule and love unconditionally. Appreciate each and every person in your life.
19. Whatever you do, do it excellently. Do not make room for errors.
20. God hears our prayers, but our thoughts are not His thoughts and our ways are not His ways. His way is the best way even when it takes all our strength to accept it and move on.
21. We may face tough and rough situations in our lives but even through the pains and the tears, there is God, hope and faith. Each and everything happen in our lives for a reason and we all need to be positive and find strength in our weakness.
22. Whatever you need to do today, do it today. Yes, there is always tomorrow, there is always a next time but the danger is we are not guaranteed tomorrow. If you can do it today, do it today, let go of excuses.
23. Some days may be full of laughter and some full of tears, but one thing we are sure of is that despite where we are and what we go through, life goes on. Make the most out of it.
24. Make a positive difference in someone's life. Be a source of love, joy and peace. Be humble and share your knowledge with others. Build their faith in God and bring out the best out of them. Be a friend, be a blessing.
25. At the end of the day, all we have to give is unconditional LOVE.
Till next time. Keep in touch with yourself.
Monday, February 17, 2014
We are always looking out to get more than we already have while God has given us everything we need in order to be the women and men He created us to be in life. It is time we should stop looking out for more and be contented with where we are and what we have; make the most of life through each and every situation. Yes, I know, not every day is Friday and there are times you will feel like life is not fair or you deserve better, but thinking positive does not hurt. In each ugly situation that you go through, there is a good part of it. Maybe it has made you stronger, allowed you to discover more of you and mostly maybe you were supposed to be in that situation in order to heal someone else. Do not identify yourself with your wounds and hurts. Identify yourself with your daily success. Think positive.
Negativity will put your heart in fire, positivity will help you rise and shine brightly than the sun. Negativity will make you blind to life and all the good things in it while positivity will allow you to see all the goodness and wonders of the world as you embrace the joy that overwhelms your heart. You do not have anything to lose by thinking positive. The more you think positive, the more you will do positive things and the more positive things will happen to you.
Keep in touch with yourself. Speak positive things to yourself. Always.